Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What makes a happy mom

Took me 35 years and almost 7 years of mom hood to figure it out..

How to be a good mom? Be a happy mom.

This means the dishes may not always get done, floors may not always be swept, but learning when to say when may be enough.

Spending time at the park with the kids out ranks the dishes.

Taking a shower and ten minutes for myself makes me happy.

Diving into two part-time writing positions even as I have to literally HIDE in the closet to conduct interviews, however chaotic, makes me happy.

Not dusting or saving some chores for later to trade snuggling with my kids, makes me happy.

Yes the kids' room is a mess right now, but tomorrow, we can make it a game. Tonight, we snuggle, watch cartoons, laugh a little more.

We smile more. I smile more.

My kids are happy and that makes for a happy mom too.

No comments:

Post a Comment