Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Drizzles of miracles

I'm happy. I am blissfully happy. And,  I don't know why...

I think one of the reasons I am happy is because my husband is finally done with grad school. He's beginning to realize that maybe he spends too much time focusing on work... It's been five years of me praying and venting to my friends about this..He's seeing it in his heart too. He WANTS to be home too... An answered prayer.

Drizzles of miracles falling all around me...

Last weekend, I was sick and he did the dishes (maybe the third time in ten years), went grocery shopping (maybe the fifth time in ten years) and he said, "You know I'd clean the kitchen more if it'd stay that way.. this is your job.. this is my hobby... Why should I go to all the trouble to clean it up if it's not going to stay cleaned?"

I didn't react my usual blow-up way. I, instead laughed, and smiled sweetly.

I said, "Yep. You got it."

He smiled and said, "Oh." And, I let the layers settle in for a bit.

Learning how to not react is a good thing.  And, I let God do the talking. He's better at it anyway.

I am also happy because since I am feeling better the house is cleaner, yet, I'm doing less. I am finding more time for me and doing less. DUH! I wished I'd figured this out years ago.  Yesterday I painted my nails pink, dyed my hair red (why not?) and even washed my own laundry first. I have clean clothes to wear. Imagine that.

Today, when I walked my son into preschool the director noticed. She said, "See, you DO have another long-sleeved shirt."  Yesterday I complained about the cold weather because I only had one long-sleeved shirt...I smiled and laughed and said, "I did the laundry!" She laughed and cheered me down the hallway. I heard the Rocky theme music in my head clamoring.

It's nice to feel better too. After a week of being unable to MOVE, I can finally breathe. Really, just being able to breathe makes me happy. Having a cold and taking care of three kids is unthinkable.

And, then, there's another miracle inside me.

As the week went on and I let more stuff go, I saw how much I did as a mom. I saw the glue that I am to my family. I saw the importance of making lunches. I saw how they depend on me, need me and really do love me.

They got along without me just fine, but not really. When I'm not really there, they miss me. I saw the value in what I do.  I also saw how quickly they are growing.  Several of Mikey's pants are an inch too short now. I blinked and he grew into a first grader.

I am happy. Okay with being glue. And, okay with being stuck here too.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Sometimes it takes stepping back to notice what's right in front of you. Knowing that you're happy makes me happy too! Thanks for sharing!! Love ya! A :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my partner had told me "This is your job.. .this is my hobby" I would've had to tear my shirt at the heart, drop to my knees and say, "Ohhhh, Laaawd! Jesus take the wheel!"

    Your self-control is impressive.

    ReplyDelete